Ask the CSCA Community

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple Choice Questions

Posted 05-08-2023 06:36 AM

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the difficulty level of MC questions on the CSCA exam. As there is only 1 source of a (limited) test bank in the CSCA Learning Series, I presume this does not accurately represents the difficulty level of MC questions on exam day. Is this a correct assumption? If so, how did you prepare accordingly (besides styding hard of course)?

I have the exam in September.

Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------------------
    Steven Pattyn CMA
    Finance Manager
    Wilrijk
    Belgium

• 2.  RE: Multiple Choice Questions

Posted 05-09-2023 12:23 AM

Although there was only one test bank (as you noted), I found it to be reasonably representative.   Generally when taking exams I try to avoid gaining too much confidence when the same questions come up again (am I just remembering the answer this time OR did the concept really click), but in this case it was necessary.  Thus I made sure I was very familiar with all the questions and took full advantage of trying to make sure I understood the concepts behind the question.   

I will also admit (IMA and the test preparers will not like this) that I used these to get used to the format and structure.   There is no reason to get docked not recognizing structures.   This does not mean "study the test and forget the content", but when the same conceptual structure is used repeatedly it given an insight into the theory behind "strategy" at least in IMA's perspective.   

I vaguely recall reading and rereading the essay question samples as the CSCA is more theoretical than multiple choice questions.

John Wright CMA CSCA
    Controller
    Seattle, WA, US

• 3.  RE: Multiple Choice Questions

Posted 05-09-2023 12:38 AM

Hi Steven,
    the difficulty level in learning series test material is not high. Read both HBR volumes before the learning series and you won't find questions difficult.

good luck !

Diya Pardasani CMA
    Director/Manager
    Dubai
    United Arab Emirates