CMA Study Group

View Only
  • 1.  I failed twice CMA PART 1 EXAM

Posted 15 days ago

Hey everyone,  My Name is Sakshi.

Last year i gave part 1 in Feb 2023 in which i failed and scored 230. This year in Feb 2024 i gave a  reattempt and i scored 330.

I don't know how this happend, i still am not able to believe that I didn't cleared. I solved 4000mcqs studies for 10-12 hours straight for 1-2 months.

I did went to essay section, somewhere i feel i have given my best and i dont have the energy to do it again. Congratulations to everyone those who passed the exam. But please can someone guide me should i gave up or continue to do it again. If i gave up I'm feeling like i am doing wrong. But if i continue to do, i think what will happen if i will fail again? Or part2 is still left, i can't repeat all this again in Part 2. 

And, the main important thing, my membership is going to end in Dec 2024, and i am under student category, so is it possible that i can buy One-Year student membership and continue my studies? 

Somebody please please help me out in this!.

Please guide me what should i do, my mind is totally blank.

------------------------------
    Sakshi Singh
    None
    Memphis TN
    United States

• 2.  RE: I failed twice CMA PART 1 EXAM

Posted 8 days ago

Hi Sakshi,

I can understand the frustration of not passing the exams even with repeated attempts. My answer would depend on your financial situation as CMA exams are quite expensive. If you are not employed then find a job and pursue CMA along with that though the fee will be higher for professional members. The bright side is that you have already covered the syllabus twice and scored almost close to passing score in the second attempt. So, no, you do not give up on your CMA studies because it will be worth your time down the line. I suggest you change your study strategy, add more revision and mock exams (try to score >80%) before giving the next attempt. If you need  any help, you can reach out to me @fuhadhsm@...

Fuhadh Saneen Seethi Marakkarakam
    Supervisor
    MUSCAT
    Oman