Four years have passed since Rosemary M. Amato made a decision to be an entrepreneur. As a CMA, CISA, CPA (Inactive) and a Six Sigma green belt, she has been able to bring a new perspective to her roles and challenge the status quo in order to help companies continue to grow, innovate, and become the #1 leader in their field. Now a new adventure awaits!
After her Global Managing Director role at Deloitte ended much too early in May 2018, she was able to move to a new role with Deloitte Malta where she spent three months in the Risk Advisory practice as their Risk Leader. Another opportunity presented itself and she had the privilege of serving ING Bank as the Head of Demand Management in their Global Data Management department for 14 months. That role also ended early as leadership changes occurred, and in January 2020 she started being an entrepreneur! She is serving a variety of clients focused in the areas of Internal Audit, IT Audit, Data Governance, Project Management and a variety of compliance activities including the EU Medical Device Regulations.
Here are some of the highlights of her past experiences:
- 21 years in Deloitte (US and NL, and also served clients in China, UK, AT, BE, CH, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, IE, RO, SE)
- 12 years of that time was serving clients in the Risk Advisory practice focused on Security & Controls within ERP apps, Master Data Management, IT audit, Internal Audit, GRC, Regulatory compliance (especially FDA and GMP), and she was recognized as a seasoned Security and Business Process Controls expert.
- Her industry experience included Retail, Manufacturing, Consumer Products, and Life Sciences, and she ed the Computer Systems Validation service for several years as the EMEA leader in this focused area
- She then took the reins for 5 Years as Program Director for the Global Client Intelligence Program where she led a virtual team based in the US, CA, UK, NL and India that was focused on collecting data from Deloitte’s network of member firms, storing the data, and delivering this information in a state-of-the-art visualization solution that enabled slicing and dicing of data based on an end user's own requirements
- she also held the role of Risk Advisory Knowledge Management leader for 2 years, where she was focused on enabling a knowledge sharing environment for the 12,000 Risk Advisory member firm professionals located throughout the world, with her responsibilities including Internet as well as Intranet knowledge assets.
In November 2022 she is starting a new adventure. Stay tuned!
Prior to Deloitte, Rosemary’s last position was that of vice president/controller for a large U.S. footwear retail organization. She previously held various positions in accounting, IT and operations; from small privately-held businesses to large international companies, in manufacturing, retail and distribution companies.
Rosemary is a former IMA Global Board member, having served on a variety of committees including Member Relations Committee and previously chairing the Performance Oversight and Audit Committee as well as sitting on the Governance and Nominating Committees. She also chaired the Audit subcommittee during the 2017/2018 time period. Previously she was also a board member for ISACA, and was a member of theirr Audit Committee for 2 years. Having a long history of service to IMA, Rosemary joined IMA In 1976. Previously, she held other terms on the Global Board of Directors, as well as a board member of the IMA European Board, Atlanta Chapter president, Amsterdam chapter relations, and as a member of the ICMA Board of Regents.
She holds CISA, CMA, CPA(Inactive), and a Six Sigma green belt certifications. Her frequent speaking engagements include the subjects of Big Data, Data governance, Cybersecurity, IT audit, CRM, knowledge management, social media, controls transformation, GRC (governance, risk, and compliance), risk intelligence, FDA/EU regulatory strategy, and IT governance.