CMA Study Group

View Only
  • 1.  Struggling to Retain Information in CMA USA's Section A Part 1 Please help!!!

Posted 03-04-2023 11:09 AM

I am experiencing some concern. Currently, I am studying Section A Part 1 of the course, (it is quite a big section) which consists of 30 subsections, each containing a substantial amount of information to understand and learn. Although I am comprehending nearly everything as I proceed through each subsection, I am encountering a problem. As I move further down the section, particularly around the 10th, 11th, and subsequent subsections, I begin to feel as though I am gradually forgetting the material I learned at the beginning, such as the first, second, and third subsections  and so on. I am worried that by the time I reach the end of this section, I will have forgotten more than 50% of the initial content of this section. Could you kindly provide some advice on what I should do?  The institution in which I am studying conducts the section wise exam two to three days after they finish the classes of that particular section. Within that two three days, I am finding it much harder to revise the entire section, especially the initial subsections. As a result, I end up scoring less in my section-wise exams. Th

------------------------------
    Ron Thomas
    Palakkad
    India

• 2.  RE: Struggling to Retain Information in CMA USA's Section A Part 1 Please help!!!

Posted 03-05-2023 07:30 AM

To retain information from areas previously reviewed areas, you should spend 1/4 of your study time answering multiple choices questions from those section. For example, Super Fast CPA recommends two-hour study sessions first thing in the morning. The first 1 1/2 hours is for studying new material. The last 1/2 hour is for answering 30 multiple choice questions covering the previous sections. This is easily accomplished by taking practice quizzes and setting the number of questions to 30 with whatever test bank you are using. I use Gleim CMA Review.

Ronnie Alexander CPA,CIA
    Academic
    Missouri City TX
    United States

• 3.  RE: Struggling to Retain Information in CMA USA's Section A Part 1 Please help!!!

Posted 03-05-2023 01:25 PM

I hear you .  Your concerns are very common for those who are studying for the CMA.  Please take  practice tests every week for the old materials.  So that they are still fresh in your mind .  Also you will be amazed as you go through the course , a lot of topics are connected .  You have to be able to apply all concepts without any issues.  Two weeks before the exams , keep taking the practice tests till you are very comfortable with all materials .   Good luck and happy studying !  

Po Chi Tang Alvarado
    Consultant
    San Antonio TX
    United States

• 4.  RE: Struggling to Retain Information in CMA USA's Section A Part 1 Please help!!!

Posted 03-07-2023 01:24 AM
    Can you please add me to the whatsapp group chat +639773558909 

• 5.  RE: Struggling to Retain Information in CMA USA's Section A Part 1 Please help!!!

Posted 03-16-2023 12:05 PM
    Yes