Ask the Accounting Community

View Only
  • 1.  Expired cma membership after 3 years

Posted 11-30-2023 03:29 PM

Hi!

I received an email On 1st December 2023 that my cma membership had expired after 3 years as I havent passed both parts and had to pay entrance fee and take both exam parts again. I already passed part 1 last 2022 and i took the 2nd part last 30th October 2023. The result for the 2nd exam will be out on 2nd week of December. If i passed the 2nd exam, will they reactivate my membership? 

------------------------------
    Regie Jr. Leonora
    Accountant
    Abu Dhabi
    United Arab Emirates

• 2.  RE: Expired cma membership after 3 years

Posted 12-01-2023 12:44 AM

Hi Regie

My case is exactly the same your situation. I received email notifying about expired date before the date I received the result. If you pass the 2nd exam on 30th October 2023, you will be qualified CMA because the date to consider in order to pass both exams in 3 years is the date you took the exam, not the date you receive the exam' result.

Hope you receive the satisfied result.

Best regard.

Ngoc Tran CMA
    Controller
    Binh Duong
    Viet Nam

• 3.  RE: Expired cma membership after 3 years

Posted 12-02-2023 12:58 AM
    How to Get remote jobs in US by staying in home country? I am in India.

Tks,

Murali 

• 4.  RE: Expired cma membership after 3 years

Posted 12-23-2023 10:06 AM
    Hello,
    I have passed the exam for about 5 years,and I have paying for the CMA institute membership than 4years.In other words,I pay for the membership fee every year since 2019,and I receive the charge reminder email every year.So I really donnot  understand why you send this message for me? Don't you know what identification of me in your institute? I am wondering wether you are professional sincerely.
    I hope receive your explaination immediately.Thank you!

• 5.  RE: Expired cma membership after 3 years

Posted 12-24-2023 08:12 AM
    I would like to see the courtesy to discuss personal complaints directly with IMA and not on the platform including comments that are questioning the credibility of IMA. Failure and mistakes can happen.

Kind Regards, 
    Leandra Tel