Ask the Accounting Community

View Only
  • 1.  30 CPE hours

Posted 12-02-2023 02:42 AM
    Hello Members,

I have passed both CMA exames and received my certificate in Dec 22, I have been working with my current employer for almost 15 years and current posts is Asst County Controller.
    My question is, does IMA consider on job experience as CPE hours or do I have to take separate courses to meet the targets?
    And what if I am nit able to meet the targets before 31 Dec 2033?

Thank you

Khalique Ahmed
    Asst. County Controller
    KSA

Sent from my Galaxy

• 2.  RE: 30 CPE hours

Posted 12-03-2023 12:30 AM

Work doesn't count. There are many available courses online through IMA that you can take/watch at your convenience. Many are free.  You can still complete the required COE before year end. 

------------------------------
    Kristin McIntire
    Vice President Finance
    ABC Technologies
    Grand Rapids, MI
    USA
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: 30 CPE hours

Posted 12-04-2023 10:27 AM
    Hello Khalique Ahmed,

Your CPE requirement will not begin until 2024. The CPE Requirements and Rules document on the IMA's website says, "The reporting period begins on January 1 following successful completion of the examination. The period between successful completion and the following January 1 is a grace period. CE is not required during this period, but any CE earned during this period can be counted as being earned in the first reporting period."

Please see https://www.imanet.org/en/IMA-Certifications/CMA-Certification/Maintain for more information.

Lynn Roden